At LTA, we don’t just build trains and roads – we build connections, as we transform the way people travel. Discover your best fit with roles here as diverse as the talented individuals that fill them.
The Land Transport Authority (LTA) is a statutory board under the Ministry of Transport, which spearheads land transport developments in Singapore. As the agency responsible for planning, designing, building and maintaining Singapore’s land transport infrastructure and systems, we aim to bring about a greener and more inclusive public transport system, complemented by convenient options to walk and cycle from their homes or to their destinations. We leverage technology to strengthen our rail and bus infrastructure and provide exciting options for future land transport.
Senior Engineer/ Executive, Vehicle Technology
You will play an integral role as part of the team that drives LTA's strategic interest in shaping the next generation transport system for Singapore. This involves developing technical and regulatory requirements and driving policies for the development and integration of Autonomous Vehicles (AVs) into our roads and public transport system. You will be at the technology forefront to collaborate with the industry and research institutions to facilitate the development of test criteria and test plans for the assessment of autonomous vehicle safety, performance and readiness of the AV technology to scale up for deployment. You will need to keep abreast of the latest AV trends, vehicle technologies and standards to provide foresight to the project team in the development and implementation of vehicle functional safety control measures to enhance vehicle safety and roadworthiness.
- Tertiary qualification in Engineering (Computer, Robotics, Mechanical, Mechatronics, Automotive, or equivalent)
- At least 3 years of relevant working experience
- Knowledge of vehicle networks (i.e. CAN, Ethernet/WiFi etc.) and available tools used for development and validation
- Knowledge in robotic systems relating to machine learning, computer vision, LiDAR, sensor fusion, perception, motion planning and control etc.
- Resourceful with good writing and presentation skills
- Highly adaptable, able to lead, work independently and multi-task in a dynamic environment
- Experience in automotive-related field in information and cybersecurity risks, controls, vulnerability assessment, penetration testing, compliance and cybersecurity best-practices will be an advantage
- Experience in project management and having a keen interest in transportation research will be an advantage